Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading :)
RSS

Monday, January 10, 2011

Decorative signage..

So I mentioned yesterday that I was browsing the DIY section of Wedding Bee, and there were a couple of pages that I forgot to bookmark as good ideas that I'm now having trouble re-locating! But one idea that I saw and liked was this "&" idea instead of a "Bride" and "Groom" sign on our chairs at the reception.

Now I don't think that I mentioned specifically that I've managed to find some gold organza chair sashes second hand on Gumtree that are an excellent price and I'm hoping to pick them up this weekend. There are 100 of them, and given that I only expect 40-60 at the reception that leaves me enough to use some as table runners (maybe) and pew bows too.

But today whilst looking for a birthday present for my BIL at Loot Homewares, I came across some wooden letters, including an... ampersand! And they were only $11.95! They also had some of those "Love" wooden signs (that's one of the things I'm sure I saw on a cake table on Wedding Bee but can't find again now) but only in red. But they have ordered some in white and they should have them in about a week or so. So the plan is to go back and get the love sign and the ampersand and then maybe paint them in an appropriate colour (or maybe leave them white.. who knows?).

And that's where the extra chair sashes will come in handy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment